A&B Inspection Services Corp
- Bulk Sampling Field Sheet
- Resources Time Sheet
- Project Monitoring Record
- Osha Chain Of Custody
- Bulk QC
- TEM PCM Data Sheet
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology (AAAAI)
- American Chemical Society (ACS)
- American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists (ACGIH)
- American Indoor Air Quality Association
- American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA)
- American Society for Microbiology (ASM)
- American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM)
- American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE)
- American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI)
- Environmental Education Foundation (EEF)
- Geological Society of America
- Home Inspections USA
- Indoor Air Quality Association (IAQA)
- National Air Duct Cleaners Associaton (NADCA)
- National Association of Certified Home Inspectors (NACHI)
- National Association of Home Inspectors (NAHI)
- Texas Department of Health
- Alabama Department of Environmental Management
- Alaska Department of Environmental Conversation
- Arizona Department of Environmental Quality
- Arkansas Department of Pollution Control and Ecology
- California Department of Health Services
- Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment
- Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection
- Delaware Department of Natural Resources & Environmental Control
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- Florida Department of Environmental Protection
- Georgia Department of Natural Resources, Environmental Protection Division
- Hawaii Department of Health
- Idaho Department of Environmental Quality
- Illinois Environmental Protection Agency
- Indiana Department of Environmental Management
- Iowa Department of Natural Resources
- Kansas Department of Health and Environment
- Kentucky Department of Environmental Protection
- Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality
- Maine Department of Environmental Protection
- Maryland Department of the Environment
- Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection
- Michigan Department of Environmental Quality
- Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality
- Montana Department of Environmental Quality
- Nebraska Department of Environmental Quality
- New Hampshire Department of Environmental Environmental Services
- New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection
- New Mexico Environment Department
- North Carolina Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- North Dakota Department of Health
- Ohio Environmental Protection Agency
- Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality
- Oregon Department of Environmental Quality
- Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection
- Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management
- South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control
- South Dakota Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Stachybotrys chartarum: a mold that may be found in water-damaged homes. (DOC)
- Tennessee Deparment of Environment and Conservation
- The National Park Service
- U.S. Air Force
- U.S. Army
- U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Forest Service
- U.S. Department of Defense
- U.S. Department of Energy
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA)
- U.S. Department of Transportation
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- U.S. Geological Survey
- U.S. Marine Corp
- U.S. Marine Corps
- U.S. Navy
- Utah Department of Environmental Quality
- Vermont Department of Environmental Conservation
- Virginia Department of Environmental Quality
- Washington Deparment of Ecology
- West Virginia Division of Environmental Protection
- Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
- Wyoming Department of Environmental Quality
Educational And Reference Links
- AIHA: The Facts about Mold.
- CDC: Questions and Answers on Stachybotrys
- Center for Legal Policy: The Growing Hazard of Mold Litigation. (PDF)
- EPA's A Brief Guide to Mold, Moisture, and your Home. (PDF)
- IAQ Workshop
- Mesothelioma Information
- PCR Information
Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (1986); legislation requiring the cataloging of asbestos containing building materials in schools.
tending to separate into fibers having length:width ratios from 10:1 to over 100:1.
any of a group of commercially mined minerals that tend to break into fibers. The regulated asbestos minerals are the serpentine mineral chrysotile and the asbestiform varieties of the amphibole minerals grunerite (amosite), riebeckite (crocidilite), tremolite, actinolite and anthophylitte. Amphibole minerals occure in both the regulated, asbestiform varieties and the non-regulated, non-asbestiform varieties. The fibers are resistant to high temperatures, have high tensile strength, and in some cases can be woven into cloth.
a chronic fibrosis of the lungs caused by large exposures to asbestos, usually affecting miners, ship-builders and mill-workers.
Environmental Protection Agency; environmental issues government agency.
fibers per cubic centimeter; reporting units for PCM analyses.
able to be crumbled to powder by hand pressure when dry.
cancer of the lining of the lung or intestines.
millions of fibers per liter of water; reporting units for TEM analysis of water samples.
National Emission Standard for Hazardous Air Pollutants (rev. 1996).
tending to break into cleavage fragments having length:width ratios from 2:! to 20:1.
Occupational Safety & Health Administration; requires that workers be protected from asbestos exposure.
phase-contrast microscope, an optical microscope used to perform fiber counts on air sample filters. Its disadvantages for asbestos analysis are that 1) it cannot resolve all asbestos fibers, and 2) it cannot distinguish asbestos fibers from other fibers.
permissible exposure limit; OSHA mandated maximum level for workers without respiratory protection (8 hour time weighted average).
structures/mm2:asbestos structures, as defined by AHERA (fiber, bundle, matrix or cluster), per square millimeter of filter; reporting units for AHERA TEM analyses.
transmission electron microscope, highly technical equipment used to perform asbestos analysis on air samples. It can resolve and distinguish all asbestos fibers from other fibers.